Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunshine! We're now having a GARDEN Party

(This was the weather in Portland yesterday)


I think you'll all agree there's nothing nicer than partying al fresco. (And, at least when it's a virtual party, you can party like this in Oregon in February.)

This is what the blog party looks like today. Look who dropped by:

YOWDers, we're in exalted company

I was on my best behavior for a couple of minutes (did you like the red hat?). But Her Majesty is always busy, even when bloghopping. So now the scene looks like this:


Wow. You guys look spectacular. Thanks for stopping by. Here's the Question of the Day: What are you reading right now? (Novel, nonfiction, magazine, appliance instructions.)

And the Prize of the Day: (All you need to do is be/become a follower of this blog. Then leave a comment in the comments section. It's as simple as that.)



Born and raised in southern Oregon farm country, Ellie Spaneker flees her home and abusive husband, unaware she's being tracked by an ex-cop in the hire of her vengeful father-in-law. In Portland, retired homicide detective Skin Kadash fills his idle days drinking coffee and searching for Eager Gillespie, a teen runaway of special interest as the only witness in a troublesome and long-unsolved murder. Eager, meanwhile, is on his own, grifting and oblivious to the danger he's in.
Bill Cameron lives in Portland, Oregon. His previous novels are Lost Dog and Chasing Smoke.

Good luck, and I'll see you here, same time same place, tomorrow!


7 comments:

  1. I'm reading 'Sepulchre' by Kate Mosse and being slightly irritated by it. I want to get through it so I can read 'Cat's Eye' by Margaret Atwood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading Worldbinder by David Farland, Characters and Viewpoint by Orson Scott Card, and one of the Dresden Files books by Jim Butcher...and trying to finish my own.
    Funny Stuff I Write And Draw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished the Jeff Dunham bio "Talking to My Selves" ..which was kinda cheating since it was an audio book. :)

    Yesterday I started reading "Pirate Latitudes" by Michael Crichton.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading Janet Evanovich's latest "between the numbers" book. But, I love Bill Cameron. He is a fabulous writer and really sneaks in the flavor of Portland. I've read Chasing Smoke, which I highly recommend. I'm totally following you.

    Congrats on your one year anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blogiversity, Michael! Congratulations.
    I'm reading a ham radio magazine at the moment.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am reading a book called Easy Thai, (An Introduction to the Thai Language), by Gordon Allison.

    It is accurate and true that the book is about the Thai language but easy, I think not.

    The book itself it mostly written in English, certainly the early chapters are, and as such I suppose that is easier than if everything was written in Thai but 'easy' and 'Thai' is an oxymoron like market intelligence is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving the variety of what everyone's reading.

    I'm reading "The Mother Daughter Book Club" by Oregon-writer Heather Vogel Frederick.

    It's a good read. I'm reading it for a spot of research I'm doing. It's very pink (at least, the cover is.) None of my boys would be seen dead reading it. Makes me think how different life would be if I had daughters.

    ReplyDelete

If comments be the food of love, comment on. Give me excess of them... (With apologies to The Bard)