Saturday, January 29, 2011

Thanks, Sam!

I don't usually post on Saturdays, as I gird my loins for Microfiction Monday (which I post on a Sunday, but who's quibbling?!) but I could not resist this quote from Samuel Beckett which popped up in my on-line Page-A-Day calendar:

Samuel Beckett, Irish playwright and Novelist (1906-1989)
“Ever tried.
Ever failed.
No matter.
Try again.
Fail again.
Fail better.”
(I just hope this doesn't mean we'll all be failing better while Waiting for Godot.)


  1. Great quote. It reminds me of one of my favorites, said by Winston Churchill: "Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm."

  2. Thanks, Lisa! That's a great one too.

  3. I love it and what a terrific reminder!! Thanks for an upbeat start for my day!! Have a great week, Michael!


  4. Excellent quote.

    Sometimes it's difficult to remember that, even when I fail, it means that I've still tried.


If comments be the food of love, comment on. Give me excess of them... (With apologies to The Bard)