- I've enjoyed blogging, even if it's usually at the end of a busy writing day.
- My query letter was beaten up in a barroom brawl. (Okay, I've never been accused of being lacking in the hyperbole department.)
- I've entered a couple of competitions on the Guide to Literary Agents blog. No luck with the "Dear Agent" in February; still waiting to hear if I've succeeded in writing one of the worst log-lines ever. (I doubt it. Some of the entries were really rank.) Also waiting to hear if I've won a copy of Epitaph Road.
- My own contest was a bust. I finally joined Facebook, and mentioned it there, but I guess none of my friends have ever pranked or been pranked.
- I've "met" a number of interesting people, usually by commenting on other blogs.
- There are an amazing number of other blogs!!!
- I think I'll become addicted to Microfiction Mondays.
- I have wondered about doing "book of the week" reviews or inviting others to join in on writing prompts, a la Microfiction Mondays. Don't know if that's worth my time, though.
I don't know how "dangerous" this has all been. I still haven't strayed too far from my comfort zone. So there's still work to be done.
And speaking of dangerous, I'm going to ask my mother-in-law's permission to share the April Fool's prank she played on me years ago which nearly ended in my cardiac arrest.
To all my readers: thanks for following along. Let me know if there's anything you'd like me to write about or be a part of.