Friday, August 19, 2011

Brilliant English majors

Seat-of-the pants post, courtesy of my beloved Shelf Awareness:


The prototypical English major


Question: What literary quality do Jon Hamm, Alan Alda, Maureen Dowd, Jodie Foster, Tommy Lee Jones, Stephen King, Paul Newman, Mike and Marie Gettel-Gilmartin, Joan Rivers, Sting, Helen Thomas, Barbara Walters, Sigourney Weaver, Tom Wolfe, Bob Woodward and Renée Zellweger have in common?


Answer: They were all once college English majors.

(Add yourself to the list, if applicable.)

9 comments:

  1. I'm more of a Tommy Lee Jones fan

    no, only a major in life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-I feel honored to be in this list as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's obvious just listening again to Joan and Jodie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *raises hand*
    I was an English major in college a loooooooooooog time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just one more reason to adore Paul Newman. . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this article too! I read Shelf Awareness at work, one of the few things I'm actually ALLOWED to read during work hours at the bookstore. And I'm thrilled that Paul Newman and I have something in common.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, I teach elementary school. No English major for me!

    ReplyDelete

If comments be the food of love, comment on. Give me excess of them... (With apologies to The Bard)