Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Contest, A Contest, My Keyboard for a Contest..

Confession time. Dangerous writers have been known to be sucked into the maelstrom of the internets (only after finishing their day's work, of course.) I myself have been seduced by a number of contests during the nearly seven months of this blog's life. I won a copy of Epitaph Road (by David Patneaude) on Elana Roth's blog and a copy of Day One (by Bill Cameron) by guessing which one of the Trixie Belden books was Janet Reid's favorite.

Janet Reid runs the best contests. She tosses out five juicy words and you have to use them all in a story with an 100 word limit. I made the final four in her latest--so now I know what it feels to come close to the brass ring. (The prize was a copy of Vordak the Incomprehensible: How to Grow Up and Rule the World.) It looks like a hoot! I'll just have to grow up and buy a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If comments be the food of love, comment on. Give me excess of them... (With apologies to The Bard)